Annual EEO Public File Report Form
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with section 3.2080(c) (6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of WLII-DT/ WOLE-DT/ WSUR-DT and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their websites, if they have websites.
This Report has been also prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station(s): WLII-DT, WSUR-DT, WOLE-DT and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their websites, if they have websites.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning October 1, 2020, to and including September 30, 2021.
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
- A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period.
- For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number.
- The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period.
- Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
- A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c) (2) of the FCC rules.
Appendices 1, 2 and 3 which follows have been designed, in the aggregate, to provide the required information. Please note that the numbers listed on Appendix 2 under the column entitled “Full-time Positions for Which This Source Was Utilized” refer to the number of the full-time job positions listed on Appendix 1.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person and/or over the telephone.
Appendix 1 to
Annual EEO Public File Report Form
Covering the Period from October 1, 2020, to September 30, 2021
Station(s) Comprising Station Employment Unit: WLII-DT/ WOLE-DT
Section 1: Vacancy Information
|Full-time Positions Filled by Job Title||Recruitment Source of Hiree|
|2||Graphic Artist||Union Recruitment|
|3||Exterior Technician/Editor||Employee referral|
|4||Engineering Technician||Internal Job Posting|
|6||*VP of Sales and Digital||Industry Colleague Referral|
|9||Master Control Technician||Indeed, Employee Referral|
|10||Assignment Desk Editor (2)||Employee Referral, Internal Promotion|
|11||News Producer (3)||Employee Referral, Internal Promotion|
|12||Director of News||Consultant Referral|
|13||Digital Content Manager||Indeed|
|15||Weather, Anchor||Consultant Referral|
|16||Anchor (2)||Consultant Referral|
|17||News Reporters (5)||Consultant Referral, Internal Promotion, Indeed & Employee Referral|
|18||Photojournalist/Editor (5)||Internal Promotions, Employee referral|
|19||Videojournalist/MMJ (3)||Internal Promotions|
|20||News Production Assistant (3)||Internal Promotion, Indeed|
|21||Graphic Artist News||Employee Referral|
|22||Sports, Anchor||Internal Promotion|
|23||News Editor||Internal Promotion, Union Recruitment|
|24||*Account Executive||Employee Referral|
|25||TV Director||Employee Referral|
|27||*Engineering Supervisor||Industry Colleague Referral|
|29||Floor Coordinator||Internal Job Posting|
|30||Studio Technician||Internal Job Posting|
|31||Creative Producer (2)||Employee referral|
|33||Digital News Executive Producer||Employee referral|
|34||*Director of Finance||Industry Colleague Referral|
|35||*Finance Supervisor||Internal Promotion|
|36||*Senior Accountant||Employee referral|
Total Number of Persons Interviewed During Applicable Period: 145
*For reasons pertaining to confidentiality in the hiring process and specific skills/experience needed in the industry, the following positions were not published or posted: VP of Sales and Digital, Account Executive, Engineering Supervisor, Director of Finance, Accounting Supervisor and Senior Accountant.